Friday, June 17, 2011

My Daddy

Over the last few days, amongst the busyness of all the other crafty goodies I have been making, I made room to create some projects about my daddy. I love my Daddy so much, and yes, I still call him Daddy!!!
With Father's Day fast approaching, I wanted to pay tribute to him in some way. I will not get to see him on Father's Day, because we live too far apart, but I hope he will enjoy the two layouts I have made in honor of him.

 My first layout is from my Daddy's retirement party. Love this picture with his badge...oh by the way, he was a police officer if you are wondering. Can you imagine what my teen years were like?????  Anyway, I used the fab new line by Cosmo Cricket. The design is based on a sketch from Creative Scrappers and my title and sub-titles are non other than SRM Stickers!!!!!


This next layout is made completely from one of my kits from The ScrapRoom!!!! I had this idea to create my background out of these fun journal tags. I just love the whole vintage feel of this entire line. Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!!! This is a picture of my brother and Daddy while they were here in town with me. Unfortunately, Daddy had to have a valve replacement surgery the following morning. Oh, now worries, he is fine now and recooperating. He is a tough man, my daddy, so it will take more than that to get him down.

Well, I hope you have enjoyed my pages in tribute to my Daddy. Please don't forget those wonderful men in your lives and find a special way to honor them!!!!!

Until next time.....Hugs xoxoxx


2 comments:

Svetlana Austin said...

wow, Kim, it seems to me that you have really great dad! wonderful detailed LOs! the firs one caught my attention very much, it is very cool and stylish!

Andews Hayes said...

This is such a cute invitation, oh my gosh! I love it! I'm sure your dad will love it, too! =) You really need to make your dad happy as he spends his retirement years.