Saturday, June 11, 2011

MME

I'm sure most of you love My Mind's Eye as much as I do. Well today I decided to play along with their sketch challenge. Yesterday I was fortunate enough to get my hands on tons of "Stella and Ruby" papers so I eagerly pulled out my stash and got to scrappin'.

Speaking of scrappy goodness...I stumbled upon the sweetest little scrap store yesterday. Recently, the only local store I had, closed down. So to my surprise, one of the ladies I have had the privilege of knowing from the old store, has now opened her own. And not only is this a store, but soon it will be a retreat for scrappers as well. The owner is Karrie Allen who is also.......wait for it........the sister to the creator of Bazzill cardstock!!!!!!!! So needless to say, if you are in need of all things Bazzill, she's got it!!!!!! The Store is called Scrapin Savvy and it is the cutest little place off the beaten path!!!!! If you are ever in Spring, TX, you have got to make a detour and check it out for yourself.

Ok, now for the sketch challenge....



The twist in this challenge was to use a song for the title. I used Katy Perry's "Firework" for mine because that is exactly what my baby girl is.....A Firework!!!!! She is so amazing and so talented....she sings, play's cello, and acts (as in theater). Abigail dreams of a future in the arts and I just know that if she continues to work on her craft, she will achieve her dreams. I love you baby!!!!!

Well, that's all for today. I've got to get ready for a baseball tournament!!!! Caleb made a select baseball team and I am so ready to start cheering him on!!!!!

Have a wonderful day Scrappers!!!!
Hugs,


3 comments:

Shona said...

beautiful and I love the colors you used.....adorable photos and title :)

Susan said...

Great layout, Kim! Love the sweet photos of your DD!!

Susan said...

Hey, Kim, I meant to tell you, I play in a card challenge every week at Less is More and a lot of the ladies are SU reps. You can get a LOT of good ideas and see some fab cards. you should check it out! I think my cards have improved dramatically since I started playing along.

Less is More Challenge blogspot