Friday, April 5, 2013

"I Love you to the Stars" and "Spring is Near"

TGIF Everybody!!!!! Aren't you so glad for the weekend???!!!! I have a few layouts to share. The first one I did was based on the Prima BAP sketch. I started off building my layers with wall tape and gesso. Then I stamped over my tape with one of the Prima Engraver stamps. I layer 2 photos on top of some burlap and then started tucking some fussy cut pieces from the Lifetime collection. To tone down some of the color from the flowers, I just brushed on some gesso. I love this picture of Abigail and Caleb against the bricks. You will probably see more pictures like these because we spent a couple of hours in my hometown of Monroe, Louisiana doing a family photo shoot of my babies on New Years Eve of 2011. As I have always stated before, I skip around quite a bit when scrapping my photos.


 

 
This next page I finally completed this morning. I spent a couple of hours just trying to get the colors built up on the page. My first layer was stamping with 2 Prima stamps for some texture. Then I added more texture with some molding paste and a stencil from CW. Then I took my brand new purchase of Shimmerz sprays and started working on my colors. I wanted to bring out some of the colors from the photo. I especially wanted a lot of blues showing since my picture had those beautiful blue bonnets in it. After my background was to my liking, I started adding layers of papers from the Engraver collection. I kept spraying, then adding layers. It was truly a labor of love. When I started to add my flowers, I wanted to brighten up the page with blooms that were again, mimicking the colors of my photo. So, I pulled some flowers from different collections of Prima and I also had these perfect blue flowers from Petaloo.
 


 

 
 
Well, that is all for today!!!! I wish you a wonderful weekend! Please feel free to let me know what you think. I love hearing from you...believe it or not, it really makes my day!!!!
Hugs xoxoxox
 
~K~

No comments: