Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I'm Back.....

I'm Baaaaack!!!!! Wow, I really have ignored my blog for sometime now. I truly apologize, but I have been taking a much needed break. But now, after a year of playing primarily with canvases and mixed media, I have returned to my first love which is scrapbooking. My whole style of scrapbooking has evolved as I       am now incorporating mixed media with my layouts. I know that this nothing new to many of the other very talented artists out there but it is new to me. Where I once cringed at the thought of adding a flower to my pages, I now find it hard not to place a flower on my layout and I simply can't live without adding some texture and color to my pages with gesso, molding paste, and sprays. My scrapping area is over flowing with all the paints, sprays, and inks that I have been investing in this past year. My mojo is definitely in over drive and I can't spend a day without visiting the multiple sites, blogs, and galleries, to soak up all the inspiration that is out there.

So, with all that said, I will once again begin to blog and share my creations with you in hopes of maybe inspiring all of you and encouraging you to maybe try something different or stretch your imagination a little further "out of the box". 

Here is my first page where I used the new Prima Lifetime collection. In the background I used one of the Prima dots stencil and molding paste. I then added some colors to coordinate with my photo using 3 different sprays from Lindy's Stamp Gang....love their starburst sprays....full of luscious shimmer!!!!!


Another page using the Lifetime collection. I used a Prima chevron stencil with a chalboard glimmer mist. Then I splashed a little bit of color again from Lindy's. Love this picture of 2 of my kiddos with 2 of their cousins at my brother's wedding. They look so happy as we were all having such a wonderful day.


My last page is of my daughter last March sitting in a patch of blue bonnets. This page was saturated in texture. I used moding paste with glass beads and a hexagon stencil. Once it dried I went over the top of the hexagons with a white gelato, then white washed with gesso and used a Lindy's flat fabio in a brown color then a Lindy's starburst in turquoise and let it stream down my page. The paper  is primarily all Prima and I love the vintage hymnal sheet as it describes my daughter perfectly. 


I hope you enjoy all my layouts and if you have any questions, please feel free to leave me a comment. If you just want to say "Hi" then please leave me a comment as well...I would love to hear from you!!!!!! Thanks for stopping by and I will be back tomorrow to share some more of my latest projects with you. Hugs xoxoxox

~K~



No comments: