Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Love

Duane and I met 13 years ago this month. He and I were both in college, but he was my teacher!Duane was finishing his Master's degree and had to teach a class as a part of his program. How funny is that. I will never forget the first time we went out...he is so brillant (he would disagree), I was captivated by his thought process and his amazing blue eyes. After some of the losers I had dated in the past, it was so refreshing to carry on an actual intelligent conversation with someone who used his brain. Duane is a rare character...he is an old soul. He sees things in such an idealistic way and believes a man's word is his honor. When he and I met, my son Landon was only 3 years old. When you have been burned the way I have, you tend to have all kinds of walls built up for self preservation. I had to protect my son!!!! But for the first time in a long time I felt safe and sure that I had met someone really special.
Duane and I married quickly, and we have had a lot of ups and downs but it just gets better every year. He is my best friend, my lover, my soulmate, my everything!!!!!! I can't imagine life without him in it. I am so thankful that God saved him just for me. I believe that God has someone chosen just for you and if you wait and not settle for less, than they will suddenly appear. My mom used to tell me that love would come when I wasn't looking for it and viola, she was RIGHT!!!!!
Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and as much as I LOVE my children, I truly LOVE my husband too. I read once that if you keep the relationship between you and your spouse a priority than everything else will fall into place. Remember, when the kids are gone, this is the person you will spend the rest of your days with. Keep the fires burning and never forget what made you love that person in the first place.


This is a redo of my 1st layout. Duane and I were posing for our engagement pictures. I love this picture and was so pleased with how this turned out. Gosh, we looked so much better back then. I sure am glad he still loves me with all the lumps, bumps, gray hairs, and a few early signs of aging!!!!!

































Date Night...LOOOOOOOVE date nights!!!!!

























Here's a layout I did of me and dear hubby. We actually celebrated 12 years of marriage in August but since it's almost Valentines Day I decided to break out and scrap a "LOVE" page for my honey.





1 comment:

Darlene said...

how sweet was this post? Love the LOs - makes me want to do a love-y dove-y one!

Happy VDay!