Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back to School







"Gotta go back, back, back to school again...." Yes, it is that time. Time for schedules, alarm clocks, homework, and fall tv. The kids are getting back into the groove and loving every minute of it. I now have one in elementary, one in intermediate, and one in high school. Next, there will be band concerts, dance recitals, and homecoming games. I love it!!!!!!!




The other day, Abigail and I watched Grease 1 & 2. She was so tickled that I could sing along with every song and that I knew how to do the "Hand Jive". Ha, when I was her age, I had the Grease record and listened to it on a daily basis...then she asks me what is a record????? Hmmmmm, can you say, I feel OLD???? Anyway, with the whole back to school thing going on I couldn't help but reflect on Danny and Sandy singin "Summer Nights". So I thought it fitting to say farewell to Summer with Danny and Sandy and welcome the new school year.








While busy amongst all the school hoopla, I have found the time to scrap a little. This one is of Duane and his Dad. They both work or have worked for the UP...Union Pacific Railroad. Duane's brother is also carrying on that tradition as well. Maybe one day, I can get a picture of all 3 of them.



Here is just one of the many pics from this summer. Little Miss Abigail is jumping in mamaw's pool, trying to make a big splash! This is a very bittersweet picture...Momma and Daddy sold their beautiful house by the lake. They have decided to downsize since they have both officially retired. I'm gonna miss my paradise on the lake.

1 comment:

Shazza said...

Hi Kim,

I came across your blog whilst blog hopping....... as you do.

Love your layouts , they are fab!!

If you ever need any inspiration I run two challenge sites:
ARTastic = http://artasticchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

and

From Screen 2 Sscrap = http://screen2scrap.blogspot.com/

Would love you to come and play along or become a follower to get my most recent postings

cheers
Shazza